Sunday, March 31, 2013

School Diaries(S01E05)

July,2011: The rehearsal carried on as usual.Alan,Shiyas,Vian,Abhiruth,Shervin,Karthik,Ronald,Athul and me did our respective roles perfectly.The next scene to be practiced was the scene we all were eagerly waiting for,the scene were Stheno will slap Neeraj.How the slapping scene got into my script is a long story.Seven days back,when I was still writing the script,Alan came to me and said,"Stheno will act in the o-a-p,only if she gets a chance to hit Neeraj.I asked,"Who told you that?"
"Stheno herself told me that unless she hits him,she won't act."
"Is that her demand?"
"Maybe.You better go with Stheno or it's no girls to act"
"As if I told I needed girls to act".
I asked some of my friends whether Stheno should slap Neeraj.And they said,"Go for it.Not every girl gets a chance to slap a boy in front of the teachers and students".
                          Today we are going to rehearse that slapping scene.Stheno was ready to slap Neeraj.I went and encouraged him("Don't feel shy,it's just a slap").There were something like twenty spectators in that room(They were simply watching the rehearsal) but only a few of us knew what was going to happen.That is when a girl named Medea shouted,"Hey Stheno,you will never get a chance like this.Try to utilize it".I thought,"Uh!Oh!That doesn't sound good".Stheno slapped Neeraj.I don't know whether it was a slap or 'Chris-Gayle-on-the-crease-type-thing' because when I looked at Neeraj,he was lying on the floor and not 'just lying on the floor'.He had a swollen red cheek(his left one);he was curled up in the foetal position;his tongue was out;actual tears were flowing out of his eyes.I was staring at him like this [:-|].I don't know whether I should laugh at this funny scene(a puny girl hit him and he fell down) or whether I should be sympathetic(poor guy is crying).The question I asked myself was: Why was Stheno so keen on hitting Neeraj? If this is what she did to him during rehearsal,what would she do to him on-stage?




                                                                                                     ToBeContinued..................

No comments:

Post a Comment